This paper circulates around the core theme of Identify current customer profile for the food business. together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 99. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes of a unit of competency.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the required skills and knowledge section and the range statement. Assessment of performance is to be consistent with the evidence guide.
1. Identify customer preferences.
1.1 Identify current customer profile for the food business.
1.2 Analyse the food preferences of the customer base.
2. Plan menus.
2.1 Generate a range of ideas for menus for dishes or food production ranges, assess their merits and discuss with relevant personnel.
2.2 Choose menu items to meet customer preferences.
2.3 Identify organisational service style and cuisine and develop suitable menus.
2.4 Include a balanced variety of dishes or food production items for the style of service and cuisine.
3. Cost menus.
3.1 Itemise all proposed components of the included dishes or food production items.
3.2 Calculate portion yields and costs from raw ingredients.
3.3 Assess cost-effectiveness of proposed dishes or food production items and choose menu items that provide high yield.
3.4 Price menu items to ensure maximum profitability.
4. Write menu content.
4.1 Write menus using words that appeal to the customer base and fit with the business service style.
4.2 Use correct names for the style of cuisine.
4.3 Use descriptive writing to promote the sale of menu items.
5. Evaluate menu success.
5.1 Seek ongoing feedback from customers and others and use to improve menu performance.
5.2 Assess the success of menus against and customer satisfaction and sales data.
5.3 Adjust menus based on feedback and profitability.
Required Skills and Knowledge
This section describes the skills and knowledge required for this unit.
- critical thinking skills to evaluate the food service preferences of the customer profile and plan menus to meet those preferences
- literacy skills to:
- read and interpret information on customer profiles and preferences
- write creatively expressed menus and product descriptions to promote sales
- determine portion sizes and portion yield from ingredients
- calculate the cost of producing dishes for menus
- calculate mark-ups and selling price for profitability
- planning and organising skills to access and sort all information required for menu planning and to coordinate a menu development process
- problem-solving skills to identify unprofitable menu items and adjust menus to include high yield dishes
- technology skills to use computers and software programs to cost and document menus.
- sources of information on current customer profile and food preferences
- service style and cuisine
- costs of supply for ingredients
- methods and formulas for calculating portion yields and costs from raw ingredients including:
- butcher’s test
- standard measures
- standard yield tests
- hospitality and catering industry desired profit margins, mark-up procedures and rates
- different types and styles of menus for dishes or food production ranges for different types of food outlets
- influence of seasonal products and commodities on menu content
- naming conventions and culinary terms for a variety of cuisines
- formats for and inclusions of menus presented to customers
- methods of assessing the popularity of menu items including the use of:
- customer surveys
- popularity index
- sales data.