0% Plagiarism Guaranteed & Custom Written
culinary terms and trade names for ingredients commonly used in the production of different vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
01 / 10 / 2021
Certificate IV In Commercial Cookery
This paper circulates around the core theme of culinary terms and trade names for ingredients commonly used in the production of different vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 99. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes of a unit of competency.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the required skills and knowledge section and the range statement. Assessment of performance is to be consistent with the evidence guide.
1. Select ingredients.
1.1 Confirm food production requirements from food preparation list and standard recipes.
1.2 Calculate ingredient amounts according to requirements.
1.3 Identify and select ingredients for vegetable , fruit , egg and farinaceous dishes from stores according to recipe, quality, freshness and stock rotation requirements.
2. Select, prepare and use equipment.
2.1 Select equipment of correct type and size.
2.2 Safely assemble and ensure cleanliness of equipment before use.
2.3 Use equipment safely and hygienically according to manufacturer instructions.
3. Portion and prepare ingredients.
3.1 Sort and assemble ingredients according food production sequencing.
3.2 Weigh and measure ingredients and create portions according to recipe.
3.3 Minimise waste and store reusable by-products.
4. Cook vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes.
4.1 Select and use relevant cookery methods for vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous foods.
4.2 Prepare eggs for different culinary uses.
4.3 Prepare fresh pasta.
4.4 Select and use accompaniments suited to the dish.
4.5 Follow standard recipes and make food quality adjustments within scope of responsibility.
5. Present and store vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes.
5.1 Present dishes attractively on appropriate serviceware.
5.2 Add dips, sauces and garnishes according to standard recipes.
5.3 Visually evaluate dish and adjust presentation .
5.4 Store dishes in appropriate environmental conditions .
Required Skills and Knowledge
This section describes the skills and knowledge required for this unit.
- initiative and enterprise skills to minimise wastage
- literacy skills to:
- read and interpret food preparation lists, standard recipes, date code and stock rotation labels and manufacturer instructions for equipment
- write notes on recipe requirements and calculations
- calculate the number of portions
- weigh and measure ingredients
- determine cooking times and temperatures
- planning and organising skills to efficiently sequence the stages of food preparation and production
- problem-solving skills to:
- evaluate quality of ingredients and finished dishes and make adjustments to ensure a quality product
- adjust taste, texture and appearance of food products according to identified deficiencies
- self-management skills to manage own speed, timing and productivity
- technology skills to use food preparation and cooking equipment.
- culinary terms and trade names for ingredients commonly used in the production of different vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
- characteristics of different vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes:
- appearance and presentation
- freshness and other quality indicators
- historical and cultural derivations
- nutritional value
- service style
- contents of stock date codes and rotation labels
- mise en place requirements for vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
- cookery methods for vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes:
- equipment used to produce vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes:
- essential features and functions
- safe operational practices
- correct environmental conditions to ensure food safety
- appropriate methods to optimise shelf life.