This paper circulates around the core theme of Health Education together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 99. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
1] Tell me what topics of Health Education are covered in your school.
2] How do you manage resources that you have?
3] What numbers are you working with?
4] Have you been appropriately trained in delivering Health Education?
5] What issues do you anticipate in delivering Health Education to your target group? Please explain.
6] Do you have relevant books available?
7] Any translation issues or cultural sensitive issues?
8] Do you have any volunteers to help you?
1. Tell me what topics of Health Education are covered in your school.
• Adolescence and Sexuality
• HIV / AIDS Education
• Drug Abuse, Alcohol Abuse, Mental Health.
• Cleanliness, Teeth Care, Health and Hygiene.
• Male and Female Reproductive Anatomy.
• Physical Fitness.
• Career Guidance.
2. How do you manage the resources that you have?
• Most teachers said they carry books to classrooms. The books are kept by the teachers. They keep and manage their own allocation.
• They said the resources are limited and they use the spirit of sharing to make it work.
• Lack of resources was highlighted by all the respondents.
3 What numbers are you working with?
Numbers ranged from 45 Students up to 950 probably because the Researcher was not specific on whether she meant students per class or total number of students doing Health Education.
4. Have you been appropriately trained in delivering Health Education?
Most teachers said they were not specifically trained because they did Guidance and Counselling as part of their training at University. Others said there is need for more training since education is dynamic and changing.
5. What issues do you anticipate in delivering Health Education to your target group? Please explain.
• Out dated resources because of lack of funding.
• Nutrition and side effects.
• Teaching about Sex Education to some of the students.
• Issues to do with Gender imbalances.
• Domestic violence
6. Do you have relevant books available?
The answer here was NO.
7. Any translation issues or cultural sensitive issues?
• Most of the respondents said YES.
• Issue of not seeking medical attention – Apostolic sect, religious issue of faith proclaiming healing without medical attention.
• The Girl Child is not allowed to discuss sexually related topics.
8. Do you have any volunteers to help you?
• Half of the respondents said YES and the other ones said NO.
• NGOs were said to be main helpers but are hindered because of political issues.
• Women advocacy groups, Msasa and Girl Child Network Groups usually help.
• No help from the Government.
9. Are there any additional topics you want to be integrated or incorporated in Health Education?
Some of the respondents said YES and others said NO.
The respondents said the following should be included in the school curriculum.
• The repercussions of early motherhood.
• Teach students about different diseases.
• IT to be learnt at an early age.
• Teach about Family Roles and Responsibilities.
Most said diseases are being caused by lack of awareness in Self Health. More staff development or in house training of the teachers in teaching Health Education. More information on different types of diseases updates, recent findings and intervention strategies