This paper circulates around the core theme of discuss the disease later in the paper. together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 99. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
Assignment 2: Genetic History/ Genogram and Interpretation (20 points)Students will complete a Genetic Family History on an individual/patient of choice. The individual/patient should have a genetic disorder/condition. If there is a genetic disorder/condition within the students family that would meet the objective of this assignment, the student must discuss and obtain permission from the professor. If there is a question about the individual/patient choice, clarify with the professor. The Genetic Family History form is available in Week 5 in Canvas. Additionally, students may use this website https://familyhistory.hhs.gov/FHH/html/index.html (copy the URL into the browser) but complete the form thoroughly. After obtaining a complete Genetic Family History, students will then create a family genogram. Begin with the paternal and maternal grandparents and construct a genogram of the individual/patients family using the appropriate symbols and connections. Include parental siblings and the patients siblings. Include a grid/legend explaining the symbols used. Tools for the creation of the genogram are found in the Week 5. Students may also choose to use Microsoft Word or a similar program of the students choice. It will be acceptable to use the government site following the directions on the website. If students have difficulty with the program, neatly hand drawn the genogram, scan to file, and attached as an appendix in an extreme case. If there are any concerns using the website, please contact the professor.
Students will complete a brief 2-3-page explanation of the genogram providing a narrative interpretation of the genetic family history.
The assignment will include the following criteria:
1. Complete a Genetic Family History on an individual/patient of choice and attach as an appendix.
2. Construct a genogram and attach as an appendix.
3. Provide an explanation of the genogram by interpreting the family history.
5. Research the literature on the inheritance and risk of the disorder/condition/trait.
6. Discuss factors complicating the interpretation, the overall risk of genetic disorder/condition/trait, and identify additional information needed. Provide literature support.
7. The scholarly paper should be 2-3 pages excluding the title, reference pages, and appendices.
8. Attach the Genetic Family History and the Genogram as two separate appendices to the paper.
9. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion. Refer to APA manual to properly title the appendix.
10. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
11. Include a minimum of two (2) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old. The course textbook may be one of the references.
12. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
13. Submit paper to Turnitin by clicking on the Assignment.
14. Make any revisions necessary based on the Originality Report.
15. Submit by the posted due date by again clicking on the Assignment.
The assignment is based on breast cancer. I hope all have identified someone to complete the genetic family history. First complete the history and then create a family genogram. Next you will go into the assignment criteria as noted below:The paper needs an introduction and a conclusion on the written portion of the assignment. The introduction should be general information. For this assignment, you may want to discuss general information about collection of a pedigree, health history and general information on the disease. You will further discuss the disease later in the papera.Provide an explanation of the genogram by interpreting the family history.This section I am looking for an interpretation of the genogram. Give a brief history on whom you completed genogram on, what you found, information specific to each generation.Discuss patterns of the disease focusing on a single disorder/condition.This could be a level two heading as it is under the overall genogram information.Focus on one single genetic disorder or condition found when you completed the history.Is this an autosomal dominant, recessive, talk about the genetics of the diseaseResearch the literature on the inheritance and risk of the disorder/condition/trait.This could be your second level two headingWhat does it mean for the others,a research and locate information related to the risks of inheritance.Discuss factors complicating the interpretation, the overall risk of genetic disorder/condition/trait, and identify additional information needed. Provide literature support.Back to a level one headingAny issues when you were completing the genogram and history. Did you get enough information, was it limited, how can this effect what you found, any risks identified?Complete the history; interpret what you found on the genogram generation by generation. Once one genetic diseaase/disorder identified, break it down and discuss the inheritance pattern. Then talk about who in the family is at risk for the disease. Lastly, what else do you need to know, any issues with collection of data that could affect?