This paper circulates around the core theme of • An in-depth your understanding of how the specific tax law applies, together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 99. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
You are required to prepare a written research assignment that addresses one of the provided topics below. The purpose of the task is for you to demonstrate high level critical reflection and analytical reasoning skills in the context of the application of Australian taxation law and taxation law policy. You must undertake academic research which demonstrates the following:
• An in-depth your understanding of how the specific tax law applies,
• The policy context of the law and if relevant how other jurisdictions deal with similar issues,
• Critical reflection as to whether the law achieves its stated purpose, aligns with principles of good tax policy or could be improved/amended. These critical reflections should be supported by the research you have undertaken as well as your own independent thought.
1. CGT Discount for Foreign Residents – discuss and critically evaluate the policy reasons for the removal of the CGT discount for foreign tax residents. You should include a discussion of the policy objectives and your evaluation of whether the removal will achieve these policy objectives.
2.Negative Gearing – discuss and critically evaluate the extent to which tax deductible negative gearing impacts upon savings and investment decisions. Your paper should clearly outline what is meant by negative gearing from a tax perspective and how the Australian tax system treats negatively geared investments. You should include an evaluation of whether negative gearing from a tax perspective should be removed. (Please ensure that you concentrate on this issue from a tax perspective and do not get side-tracked on a discussion of the property market.)
3.Deductions – discuss and critically evaluate the extent to which Australia’s deduction regime satisfies the principles of a good tax system (specifically simplicity and fairness). You may like to compare and contrast this with the deduction system in New Zealand.
4. CGT Small Business Concessions – discuss and critically evaluate the Small Business CGT Concession regime in Australia. You should include a discussion of the overall policy objectives and your evaluation of whether regime currently meets these objectives or whether further amendments are necessary.
5. Division 7A (treatment of private company loans) - discuss and critically evaluate Division 7A as a specific anti-avoidance provision. You should include a discussion of the overall policy objectives and your evaluation of whether the Division currently meets these objectives or whether further amendments are necessary.
6. Part IVA Amendments – The general anti-avoidance provisions were recently amended. Discuss and critically evaluate the policy reason for these amendments and whether they are likely to meet these objectives or not.