This paper circulates around the core theme of 1. With reference to the operational activities currently performed in your chosen department together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 99. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
Environmental management and ‘green’ operating practices are becoming increasingly important in the running of hotel facilities and the operation of hotels. The Lux Hotel Sydney, part of the Luxor Hotel Group, is currently in the process of integrating environmental responsibility into its facilities management and hotel operations.
Use the provided case study on the Lux Hotel Sydney to respond to the following questions for one of the following departments: Front Office, Housekeeping or Engineering.
1. With reference to the operational activities currently performed in your chosen department, recommend and justify environmental measures that the Lux Hotel Sydney could implement. Relate each proposed measure to how it can reduce the negative environmental impacts caused by the operational activity of the department. A combination of short, mid, and long-term environmental measures should be included, and recommended measures must be practical, innovative and operable.
2. Critically reflect on the benefits and challenges that may be involved for the Lux Hotel Sydney in improving environmental performance. In your response, consider industry-wide benefits and challenges of environmental management identified in academic literature.
To successfully complete Learning Portfolio Part 1:
(1) Research the key concepts of the case study
(2) Identify environmental measures that are suitable for Lux Hotel. Consider current industry practices and technology that are relevant and applicable
(3) Critically analyze and reflect on the benefits as well as challenges that Lux Hotel will face with the implementation of your proposed measures; and
(4) Your report should be written in a manner that is convincing the Executive Committee of Luxor Hotel Group. It is important for the reasons and value of your proposal to be clearly discussed in the report. Describing background content to the topic and repeating points from the case study must be avoided at all times.