This paper circulates around the core theme of 1. What is the importance of a manager in an organisation? Explain together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 99. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
Case Study/Problem Based Learning: Importance of Manager, Role of a Manager and Effective Management Skills
“ ..Duke is a $4 billion institution, and about 60 percent of its operating budget is invested in the people who work here. So, people truly are the most valuable asset at Duke. And the role of the manager is perhaps the most important in creating a supportive work environment where people can function at their highest potential to advance Duke`s missions of education, research and patient care now and in the future.
Below are just a few examples of how your role as a manager helps impact recruitment, productivity, retention and job satisfaction:
• Hiring the right people.
• Supporting your staff members so they can develop and reach their potential.
• Setting goals and challenge staff to reach beyond their current grasp.
• Reinforcing with your staff how what they do contributes to and makes a difference in delivering Duke`s missions of education, research and patient care.
• Recognizing and rewarding your staff`s accomplishments.
• Holding staff members accountable for not meeting expected performance or behavior standards.
• Ensuring a safe work environment
• Communicating information that impacts your staff`s job, benefits or employment policies.
• Providing context and rationale for institutional or departmental changes.
The information and resources on this site are designed to support and assist you in being more effective in fulfilling your role as a manager at Duke..”
- Adapted from Duke Human Resources,705 Broad St. Box 90496
Durham, NC 27705, https://www.hr.duke.edu/managers/. Above information has been adapted from Duke, only for educational purposes that benefits the student community.
1. What is the importance of a manager in an organisation? Explain.
2. Are managerial skills involved in the above case study? In such situations what is the responsibility of a manager as a professional?