This paper circulates around the core theme of 1) Study the Lecture Material and the following Reader and Reference Material for this assignment. together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 99. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
1) Study the Lecture Material and the following Reader and Reference Material for this assignment.
Future Value Chain 2020 – Building Strategies for the New Decade, Capgemini, 2011
Global Logistics – New directions in Supply Chain Management, Fifth Edition, Donald Waters, Kogan Page Limited, : – Ch. 1 Trends in the supply chain, and – Ch. 12 Outsourcing: the result of global supply chains?
Process-based Strategic Planning, Grunig and Kuhn, Third Edition, Springer, 2005.: –
Ch. 9 Defining the strategic businesses –
Ch. 10 Assessing relevant industries with the help of competitive intensity models –
Ch. 12 The corporate strategy development process –
Ch. 13 Generic Business Strategies –
Ch. 15 Specifying business strategies at the level of resources
2. Select one of the following Australian top organisations as the basis for your assignment:
1. Woolworths Limited
2. Brambles Limited
3. Woodside Petroleum Limited
4. Telstra Corporation Limited
3. Write a report, 12 to 15 pages (max) of original content, with each section a, b & c below being a third of your report:
a) For the organisation you have selected, describe the “as-is” value chain using porter’s Value Chain Analysis descriptions.
b) Identify and briefly describe three different scenarios where the value chain could be optimised or shared (as a business, or partner generated strategic initiative). You can use the reading material for ideas on this, or you can research options that have been actually used in these industries, but not yet implemented for your chosen organisation. This section should be no more than one third of your assignment.
c) Use Porters 5 forces to describe the benefit and risks of your three new scenarios on the business you selected and on that organisation’s value chain.
4. For this assignment you will need to do background research on the Organisation, its value chain (hint, start with their logistics and procurement) and you will need to research the value chain