Assessment Task 2
You are a Conference Organiser and you have many clients. However, you choose one charity per year and donate your services to run their conference for them. As a result, you are required to research, develop, implement and evaluate an Operational Plan for their local conference.
Your main objective is to raise money for this charity group of your choice. They want to make a 50% profit. Last year, 300 people attend the conference.
Implementation of the plan. Provide a detailed description of how the international conference will operate on the day:
- details of how and when you will communicate the operational plan to your staff and volunteers
- develop a one page program ‘running sheet’ for the conference
- develop a one page staff roster for the event (from 7.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.) including rostering staff for the delegate registration table, staff to test audio/visual equipment
- describe the process of registration and indicate whether automatic or manual registration of delegates and issue of identification tags
- prepare a task breakdown for one part of a job (one part of the caterers jobs, or one part of the salesperson jobs or one part of the technicians jobs) and write the performance measures for each task
- closing the conference (detail how and when the conference will close e.g. will you finish with an activity or a trip?)
Note: Although the Conference may start at 9.00 a.m., the set-up and testing and equipment and furniture/seating set-up may take place one day before. The starting time for the staff/volunteers on the day may begin at 6.00 a.m. The conference closes at 5pm but the conference organiser may continue to work with other staff until 6 00 p.m. or 7.00 p.m. for storage and cleaning.