Task 1 - Situational analysis:
• This will include an examination of techniques for organisational auditing and for analysing external factors that affect marketing. (Assessment Criteria 1.3)
• Carry out organisational auditing and analysis of the external factors that affect marketing planning within Hyatt Hotels. (Use the SWOT and PESTLE for this).
(Assessment Criteria 1.4)
Task 2 – Barrier to Marketing Planning
• Assess the barriers to marketing planning and examine how Hyatt Hotels can overcome these.
(Assessment Criteria 2.1, 2.2)
Task 3 – Marketing Planning
• Objectives – this will include the introduction of the product/service.
(Assessment Criteria 3.1)
• Examine techniques for new product development for the business traveler
(Assessment Criteria 3.3)
• Justify pricing policy, distribution and a communication mix for the new product/service contextualising this to the business traveler. (Assessment Criteria 3.1,3.4)
Task 4 – Ethical Issues
• Explain possible ethical issues that might influence the plan and analyse ways to address these. Consumer ethics such as false claims also needs analysing with a brief plan on how to deal with these issues. (Assessment Criteria 4.1, 4.2, 4.3)
- Budgets – keep this brief (sales and costs). (Assessment Criteria 3.1)
- Implementation – this will take the form of a chart and will include all activities including a final activity of monitoring and evaluating performance. (Assessment Criteria 3.1)