These practice questions are designed based on the lectures completed to the date. 30% of the final
score is allocated for completing tutorials.
1. What is IP?
2. What is TCP?
3. What is TCP/IP model?
4. What are the five layers of the TCP/IP model? Give brief explanation about each layer
5. Which layer of the TCP/IP model processes requests from hosts to make sure a connection is made to the appropriate port?
6. What are well known ports?
7. Identify the port numbers for the following applications. a. Telnet – b. HTTP – c. FTP – d. DNS – e. DHCP –
8. What is the purpose of the Internet layer in the TCP/IP protocol suite?9. What important networking –troubleshooting tool is part of ICMP, and how does it test a network connection?