This paper circulates around the core theme of The task of this assignment is to apply the concepts and theories taught in this unit to analyse and critique the role of media in a project of communication for social change. together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 79. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
Topic of the paper: The Role of Media in Communication for Social Change – a case study of XXXX (insert the name of the selected project of communication for social change).
The word limit for the research paper is 3000 words, with a 10% leniency.
The task of this assignment is to apply the concepts and theories taught in this unit to analyse and critique the role of media in a project of communication for social change. The selected project must be real and information about the project must be published.
You are expected to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the concepts and theories taught in this unit and capability of critical thinking to analyse and articulate these concepts and the relations between these concepts in real and practical contexts of the selected case. The paper needs to be written with academic standard. All source material must be referenced using Harvard referencing style.
The research paper will be assessed using the following criteria:
- Demonstrated conceptual knowledge and insightful understanding of the concepts and theories of communication, development, development communication, media effects and functions;
- Demonstrated high level critical thinking capability in identifying and discussing the complicate relations between media, communication and development.
- Evidence of research with appropriately referenced source material.
- Written and presented to academic standard.
The recommended structure of this assignment is:
- Introduction: a summary of the objectives, major points of argument, and outline of the paper.
- Literature Review: critical discussion on theories and concepts of communication, development, development communication, media functions and effects.
- Case Study: discussion and critique on the role of media in the selected project using information and data from published reports.
- Discussion and Conclusion: discussion and conclusion of the findings of your case study, using relevant theories and concepts.
- References: a complete list of references, presented in Harvard referencing style.
This Assessment Task relates to the following Learning Outcomes:
- Interpret mass media’s functions, responsibility and usage in communication for social change by drawing on interdisciplinary theories and concepts.
- Conceptualise relationships between media, communication, development, and development communication in various social, political and economic contexts.
- Critically analyse and evaluate cases of communication for social change in various social, political and economic contexts.
Sources that have to be used in the paper:
You need to put 5 resources to the paper, 2 of those 5 are:
- Promoting Family Planning Through Mass Media in Nigeria: Campaigns Using Public Service Announcements and a National Logo, The Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Center for Communication Programs IEC Field Report Number 5, by Karungari Kiragu, Susan Krenn, Bola Kusemiju, Joseph K. T. Ajiboye, Ibiba Chidi, and Otum Kalu, July 1996.
- Family Planning Attitudes and Use in Nigeria: A Factor Analysis by Clifford Obby Odimegwu (International Family Planning Perspectives) https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/pubs/journals/2508699.pdf
The Theories as references:
You also have to refer to these theories into the paper:
- The 12 areas of influence for the mass media in the task of national development:
Schramm (1964) lists twelve areas of influence for the mass media in the task of national development:
- widening horizons
- focusing attention on relevant issues
- raising aspiration
- creating a climate for development
- helping change strongly held attitudes or values not conductive to development
- feeding interpersonal channels of communication
- conferring status
- broadening the policy dialogue
- enforcing social norms
- helping form tastes
- affecting attitudes lightly held and canalizing stronger attitudes
- helping substantially in all types of education and training
- Introduction to development communication by Thomas L. McPhail, that includes:
- Theorectical Issues: Modernization
- The Critics
- Liberation Theology
so the job is relating those 5 resources to the theories above.