This week you discussed the importance of ethics and corporate social responsibility to organisations operating in international business. These elements are becoming increasingly important in the success of both MNEs and SMEs.
In working out your response to the Key Concept Exercise, you should research the topic from the text, suggested readings and your own independent research on the topic as well. Also choose examples from your own experience or find appropriate cases on the web that you can discuss. Credit will be given for references you make to relevant examples from real companies.
For this Key Concept Exercise you analyse the issues relating to ethics and corporate social responsibility for an organisation. You also evaluate strategies used by organisations to develop appropriate programs to address ethics and CSR issues.
To prepare for this Key Concept Exercise:
• Read the Required Learning Resources for Week 6.
• Consider the issues related to ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility.
To complete this Key Concept Exercise:
In an approximately 500-word response, address the following issues/questions:
• Critically analyse corporate social responsibility-related issues.
• Evaluate strategies that are used to develop ethics and CSR programmes.
• In formulating your Key Concept Exercise, consider the following questions:
o What are the critical issues organisations face in terms of their corporate social responsibility obligations?
o How do they address these issues?
o What mechanisms can they use to monitor on-going changes?