Leadership Roles and Implications for Leadership Practice Paper Instructions
Purpose: This role/leadership paper is designed to build upon knowledge gained in pre-requisite courses to further differentiate the role of the nurse leader/manager in the health care organization.
Utilize knowledge gained from this course, your co-requisite courses, and your prerequisite courses to analyze and discuss the various roles, with leadership implications for practice, of the nurse leader/manager.
This paper will be completed in two (2) parts. Part 1 is worth 20% of the total course grade and Part 2 is worth 30% of the total course grade.
Scholarly writing and appropriate use of APA is expected (see grading rubric).
Part 1 Leadership Roles
- Write a 4 page (maximum) paper, written in APA
- Describe the role components of a nurse leader and a nurse manager
- Include literature support
- Compare and contrast similarities and differences between the two roles
- Identify the role/role function that you believe is the most important to the success of a nurse leader/manager and explain the reasons behind your personal belief. Rationale should include best practices/evidence.
- Submit to TurnItin Draft Dropbox prior to submitting for grading (turn it in score must be less than 18%)