• Provide an introduction to you report including a brief overview of the business and its new product or service.
B. Situation Analysis (20 marks)
• Provide a SWOT analysis. Include a discussion of research you did (Environmental Scan) to examine your product or service in relation to other available alternatives / substitutes.
C. Target market (20 marks)
• Identify the target market(s) for the product or service.
• Differentiate between the primary market (the market segment that is the key consumer of your product/service) and secondary markets (other segments that purchase or use the product/service), if appropriate.
• Use the bases of market segmentation to write a detailed and descriptive profile of your market(s) - geographic, demographic, psychographic, benefits sought, level of usage, etc.
D. Product or service planning (10 marks)
• Describe the product or service in detail (features, benefits, etc.).
• Describe the branding and positioning. Must use a perceptual map.
• Describe differential advantages, sustainable competitive advantages.
• Describe and illustrate the packaging.
E. Distribution planning Describe the ‘place’ where consumer will come into contact with product/service Describe the distribution channel and use of intermediaries to put product/service in ‘place’ Describe intensity of distribution.
F. Promotions planning (20 marks)
• Describe the integrated marketing communications plan, including use of all promotion mix tools.
• Identify the goals of the IMC plan
• Display typical advertisements, promotions, etc.
G. Price planning