What societal factors may have caused the U.S. Supreme Court to abandon the rule ofÂ stare decisisÂ in theÂ Lawrence v. TexasÂ andÂ Bowers v. HardwickÂ cases?
Write a 5â€“6 page paper on the topic above and include the following:
- Outline the major societal arguments that influenced the U.S. Supreme Court decision in both cases and the subsequent reversal.
- Identify specific examples to support your explanation.
- Examine some of the specific arguments used by the Justices of the Supreme Court in the majority and dissenting opinions.
- Include any philosophical underpinning that might have influenced the thinking of the judges on the court at the time both cases were being decided.
- Use specific references in their paper to support their position.
Please note that the U.S. Constitution, and particularly the Bill of Rights, brings a philosophical perspective that has helped to shape constitutional law in the United States that should not be overlooked in this assignment.