[A] A brief description of each company in your team’s portfolio. It should be presented as a comparative table and should include:-
• Products And Services Provided By The Company [brief outline]
• Name Of Chief Executive Officer [or Managing Director]
• Salary or Number of Shares held by Chief Executive Officer [or Managing Director]
• Profit / Loss after Tax from 2015 Annual Report for the full financial year – consolidated figures
• Latest Dividend Paid – Dividend Per Share and Date Paid
• Size Of The Business By Total Assets – from 2015 Annual Report – consolidated figures
• Number Of Employees
• Share Price – 52 week High And Low
[100 word maximum for each company]
Correctly referenced supporting documentation is to be included in your appendix for ALL INFORMATION provided above. If all supporting documentation is not included, half marks will be deducted. [10 marks]
[B] For the tracking period only, using an Excel spreadsheet, prepare your own graph of the daily share price movements for each of your shares. Information should be shown in a table with separate columns for Date and Closing Price [dollars].
For the tracking period only, using an Excel spreadsheet prepare your own graph of the daily movement of the ASX200. Information should be shown in a table with separate columns for Date and Closing Value [points]. Copy and Paste Excel Tables and Graphs into a Word Document to include in your report. [10 marks]
[C] For each company, provide an overview of the share price performance and describe the overall trend of the Australian share-market over the tracking period. Describe how each of your shares performed against the ASX200. Explain major movements in your share prices and the share-market with evidence from newspapers, business magazines, internet information or other relevant sources. Evidence should be included and news articles should be photocopied and neatly presented in an appendix to your report. If all referencing and supporting documentation is not included, half marks will be deducted.
Harvard Referencing is required to acknowledge all sources of information used. Please be aware of penalties for Plagiarism. Information regarding Harvard Referencing is available on the following webpage: http://w2.vu.edu.au/library/referencing/files/final%20HarvardGuide%202010.pdf
[250 word maximum for each company AND comparison with the ASX200] [25 marks]
[D] Calculate the Gain or Loss made on your portfolio during the tracking period. [5 marks]
[E] Provide a recommendation [buy/sell/hold] for each of your shares.
• Identify the name of the ratio used and a detailed interpretation of your results. Your analysis should include reference to prior year results.
• Provide an explanation of why these ratios may differ between your companies, and how your company compares with other companies in your industry.
• Which company do you consider to be the better investment, and
• Explain your reasoning
) BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY (10 marks)
• Product and services provided by the company – 2 marks
• Name of CEO – 1 mark
• Salary and number of shares – 1 mark
• Profit and loss after tax – 1 mark
• Latest dividend paid – 1 mark
• Size of the company by total assets – 1 mark
• Number of employees – 1 mark
• Share price – 52 weeks high and low – 2 marks
(B) USING EXCEL SPREADSHEET (10 marks)
• Prepare your own graph of the daily share price movement of each of your share. Should show columns for date and closing price (dollars). 5 marks
• Prepare your own graph of the daily movement of the ASX 200. Should show columns for date and closing value (point).