1. Demonstrate knowledge of the ageing process and associated complexities and relevant nursing care.
2. Demonstrate an awareness of personal, cultural and ethnicity attitudes and beliefs and how they affect nursing care.
3. Identify the range of services available to older people across the continuum of care.
4. Initiate and implement the nursing process to deliver appropriate, quality nursing care to older persons displaying different conditions and in a range of environments.
5. Examine comprehensive assessments of the older person
6. Assess the importance of the role of the nurse in the interdisciplinary approach to care planning and implementation of care.