Create a Private Network by using virtualisation technology (software may be used is VMPlayer or VirtualBox).
How the following cryptographic technologies are used to achieve the network security: Confidentiality, Authentication and Integrity.
Identify the vulnerabilities involved in the following network applications protocol .
● DNS – Domain Name Service
● WEP – Wireless Equivalent Protocol
● SMTP – Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
Draft a plan of a network security implementation project, which will outline the structure and activities involved in the project.
A set of possible topics for the project are recommended here, from which you may choose one to be your research project topic of assignment 3.
● Secure Outlook email system using the GPG4win
● Creating a Secure web server using the X.509 Certificates
● Secure a private network using the VPN technology
● Using iptable to Build a Firewall to protect a private network.
● Access Control in XML by XMAL ©