This paper circulates around the core theme of How would you use this job description? How does it differ from your formal job specification? together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 120. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
. Analyze your own job and draw up a job description. How would you use this job description? How does it differ from your formal job specification?
2. Examine a situation where someone you know was dismissed from their job-e.g. a colleague or friend? What were the grounds for dismissal? What procedures were followed? Evaluate the fairness and transparency of the process.
3. Critically evaluate the process of performance appraisal in your organization. How effective is the process in achieving its aims? What actions are taken as a result of the appraisals?
4. Consider two or three recent changes in your own workplace. What caused them? How did they occur-were they planned or evolutionary? What was the reaction of the people affected? How could they have been better managed?
5. Analyze your own workforce. What different cultural backgrounds are represented? Are you aware of the cultural norms which apply? Do you interact differently with those employees from different culture from your own? Why/why not?
6. Think of some work that you delegated or were delegated to you. How well was the work defined? What level of assistance was provided? Was its significance explained?
7. One of your employees slipped on the office floor and broke her arm. Identify the steps you would take to investigate this workplace accident.
8. Thinking about your current job, what sources of power do you have at your disposal?
9. Think about a typical day at work. Make an estimate of the amount of time you spend communicating with others. Evaluate your strengths and weaknesses as a communicator. Are there situations where you find it difficult to communicate effectively – for example, in meeting, or when praising or criticizing your staff?
10. How many negotiation situations have you encountered in the last week? Select two and analyze why you chose to negotiate, rather than resorting to some other approach.