1. Record the opening balances as at 1 April 2016 in the appropriate journals and
accounts and the opening balances of accounts receivable, accounts payable and
inventory in the appropriate subsidiary ledgers.
2. Record the transactions in the appropriate general or special journal for April 2016.
Record and post all transactions from journals to the general ledger in accordance
with accounting procedures.
3. Prepare schedules of accounts receivable, accounts payable and inventory as at 30
April 2016 and reconcile these with the control accounts in the general ledger.
4. Record end of month adjustments in the general journal and post these to the general
5. Prepare a Trial Balance before and after end of month adjustments as at 30 April
6. Prepare an Income Statement for April 2016 and a Balance Sheet as at 30 April
7. Prepare closing entries for April 2016
8. Prepare a Trial Balance after closing entries for April 2016
Pro-forma journals, ledgers, worksheets and reports are available in the assessment
folder and must be used to submit part A.