“Ethical behaviour can be affected by a range of factors revolving around our perception of the consequences. Is it the person who is bad, or is it that the environment that makes good people behave badly?” A quote from Dr E Tsahuridu CPA Policy Advisor on Professional Standards and Governance.
- Chapter 5 Financial ACCT
- Case Study newspaper articles supplied on uts online: Goodman exploited ‘weakness’ in system and Cash, lovers and willy wonka. (Further research of this case study may be useful to answering the questions below).
- Internal Controls for Small Business CPA (on uts online)
- Internal Control and Control Risk, Auditing in Australia (on uts online)
- Internal control systems and risk management procedures can protect organisation assets to a certain degree. Using the case study given, discuss what could have been implemented by this non-profit government organisation to stop the fraud from occurring. In your answer, refer to the components of Internal Control on page 86-88 of Financial ACCT2.
- Bank Reconciliation: Explain what a bank reconciliation is and why it is necessary.
Create an example to demonstrate how it works.
(See page 52 of tutorial book for a Bank Reconciliation Outline).
- Use the company name allocated by your tutor to answer this question: Give a short summary of what your company does.
Explain in detail three real examples of specific Control Activities (page 87-88 of Financial ACCT2) that this company may have implemented as part of their internal control.
Length: 1000 – 3000 words
- The report must be stapled or held together by a metal clip. No plastic sleeves or folders will be accepted.
- Submit a soft copy of your final report to Turnitin before your tutorial and a hard copy of your Turnitin originality report to your tutor at the beginning of the class in week 9.
- Use 12 point Arial.
- Use 1.5 spacing and 3cm page margins.
- Your answer should be professionally written and presented. Please check all spelling and grammar.
- Your assignment must be free of plagiarism and be written by yourself without assistance. It must not include any information written by yourself and used in another assignment eg BABC001 or past BACC001 semesters.
- Late assignments may not be accepted unless there are exceptional circumstances and/or you make arrangements in writing with the tutor before the due date. Late submissions, if accepted, will incur a penalty, please refer to the BACC001 subject outline for details.
- Please check PAN2 for the assessment criteria for this assignment.