Assignment Criteria: Choose one form of cancer (this is recommended to be the same one you chose in Assignment 1)
Prepare a detailed and innovative health promotion project plan for your chosen disease for an Australian community (Indigenous or non-Indigenous). This needs to be your innovative idea, not reused from a current or past health promotion project.
This should be in the form of one of the following:
• Education on cancer awareness and/or prevention
• A focus on modification of one of the risk factors associated with the cancer
• Cancer/symptom management
Your health promotion should include:
1. A specific target group and community (for example Teenagers in Darwin high schools or men aged 50 years or above in Bendigo, students at CDU)
2. A brief outline of why this public health promotion is beneficial for the Australian population- how you anticipate it will improve health outcomes for the chosen community
3. What your goals and aims for your health promotion are (review the SMART mnemonic on page 215, 3rd edition or 205, 2nd edition of Fleming & Parker)
4. You should identify which of the Public Health promotion management perspectives this falls into (primary, secondary or tertiary- see page 316 in 3rd edition or 309 in 2nd edition Fleming & Parker)
5. Outline the additional stakeholders, and community consultation which should take place- who this will include
6. A specific original health message/ logo that you have developed to suit your health promotion (for example: If you can play you can play)
7. An outline of what the health promotion activity will entail and how you will promote this to the target group (newspaper, sports event, school visit, radio- what will work for your target audience)
8. An outline of how you plan to evaluate the success of your health promotion
**This is not medical surgical nursing- it is health promotion aimed at the community level- so please do not focus on pathophysiology.