Franklin Fan Company – Forecasting
To assess your ability to
- Discuss the issues on the forecasting system being used by a company.
- Recommend how to improve the forecasting method.
- Develop a forecast for each month of the next year and justify the forecast and method used.
- Integrate established operation management principles into the discussion.
- Write a business report based on 5-step critical thinking decision making model.
- Review the attached Brief Rubric.
- Read the attached case: Franklin Fan Company-Forecasting.
- You may need to review the attached Inventory Management (Last week’s assignment).
Case Background: You are to take on the role of Sharon Place. Address your brief to Dan Block and Ed Spriggs.
- Download the 5-Step Critical-Thinking Decision-Making Model.
- Complete Step1: Identify the problem(s) and uncertainties based on the assigned problem.
- Complete Step2: Obtain Information addressing the problem(s) from Step 1 and the following:
- Comment on the forecasting system being used by the Franklin Fan Company.
- Suggest changes or improvements that you believe are justified.
- Develop your own forecast for window fans for each month of the next year, 2015. Justify your forecast and the method you used.
- Complete Step3: Make predictions about the future on the matrix.
- Complete Step4: Make decisions by choosing among the alternatives on the matrix.
- In MBA Business Brief format, write a two-page analysis incorporating the following:
- Business Brief header – The first half of opening paragraph is to provide a synopsis of the company. The second half of the opening paragraph is state the problem (From Step 1 of the model).
- Analysis header – The analytical section should be based on your personal assessment of the information you obtained from Steps 2 and 3 of the model. Provide only key relevant information and logical discussion in support of your findings.
- Conclusion header – This section should state your recommendation based on your analysis of the case information and situation outcome. (From Step 4 of the model). Your recommendation should be supported by your analysis section.
- APA citation(s) and reference(s).
Note: You are expected to compose your Business Brief utilizing the concepts learned in MBA 707. Specifically, Chapters 4, 5, and 6 from the textbook: Bovee, C., & Thill, J. (2015). Business Communication Today (13th ed.). Bullet points and direct quotes are not to be used.