This paper circulates around the core theme of Decompensated Liver Cirrhosis together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 119. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
1. Outline the causes, incidence and risk factors of the identified condition and how it can impact on the patient and family (400 words)
2. List five (5) common signs and symptoms of the identified condition; for each provide a link to the underlying pathophysiology (350 words)
a. This can be done in the form of a table – each point needs to be appropriately referenced
3. Describe two (2) common classes of drugs used for patients with the identified condition including physiological effect of each class on the body (350 words)
a. This does not mean specific drugs but rather the class that these drugs belong to.
4. Identify and explain, in order of priority the nursing care strategies you, as the registered nurse, should use within the first 24 hours post admission for this patient (500 words).
• Cause/risks of disease needs to be focussed on what the pt has presented with
• The incidence of the disease needs to be as current as possible, and based in Australia. Using other stats will mean you will lose marks
• Impact on family MUST be linked back to the patient you have chosen. If there is no link it is not a case study
• Refrain from listing, as we are looking for you to provide a rationale for all your answers
• eg. Financial impact as evidenced by increased acuity leading to sick leave and no income etc
• The signs and symptoms can be taken from those listed in the case study, or you will find more relevant ones when completing your research
• As long as you are able to link it back to the patho of the current patient condition and explain why you have chosen it that is fine
• Pathophysiology needs to be in depth and at the cell level where possible
• The drug classes chosen can be from the case study or what you think may be used to manage the patient`s condition
• Need to include drug CLASSES, not specific drug names, or broad types
• Eg. Loop diuretics - CORRECT. Diuretics - INCORRECT. Frusemide - INCORRECT. All diuretics have a different mechanism of action, so stating diuretics is not acceptable
• PRIORITISE your care - if it helps, number it
• Every nursing care priority must include a rationale as to why it needs to be done
• This includes nursing care, not medical management. For example, if you think that a patient may need thrombolytics but are not ordered this, phrase it in a way that links it back to nursing. What are your nursing considerations in this case then?
• The parameters are in the first 24 hours only which will help you narrow your care
• We prefer less considerations with more rationale, than you including a list, i.e. 8-10 would be sufficient as long as you can rationalise your care