After successfully completing this subject you should be able to:
• List and briefly describe the main stages in the process of research;
• Identify a research problem and conduct a quasi-literature review on a topic of your choice;
• Review and evaluate a series of published research articles identifying the major components in published research and research design principles.
• Identify the characteristics of good quantitative and qualitative research design and the decision making processes involved in developing such designs;
• Briefly list the main features of a range of methods used in research;
• Recognise the importance of designing and conducting ethical research and briefly describe the guidelines of ethical research practice;
• Formulate a research plan including the necessary components; and
• Identify and describe the major components in a research report.