Imagine that a company has recently hired you as a senior business
consultant. The company is seeking to gain better traction with regard
to customer satisfaction and loyalty. The company hired you because of
your expertise with mobile apps, social media, and cloud technology. The
management of the company feels that yearly revenues could top $20
million per year with the infusion of current technology. Currently the
company has revenue of $5 million per year.
Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Write an introductory statement of the company including but not
limited to the type of the company, the location, the industry in which
it competes, and the organizational vision and mission that encompasses
the nature of the company.
- Specify the current situation of the company with regard to its technology and security aspects.
- Determine at least five (5) information technology personnel / roles
that would be in place in order to start the business venture of
gaining better traction of customer satisfaction and loyalty. Justify
- Conduct a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT)
analysis for the business venture in question for the company. Justify
- Develop at least five (5) major goals for the information technology strategic plan. Justify your response.
- Speculate on three (3) positive organizational impacts of implementing the strategic plan. Justify your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required
assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the role of the information technology professional.
- Develop an information technology strategic plan to address and solve a proposed business problem.
- Describe and identify the uses of business process management and systems development.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to information
systems for decision making using proper writing mechanics and technical