This paper circulates around the core theme of basic aspects of the relevant state or territory OHS or WHS legislation. This would include: together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 79. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
lements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes of a unit of competency.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the required skills and knowledge section and the range statement. Assessment of performance is to be consistent with the evidence guide.
1. Work safely.
1.1 Follow organisational health and safety procedures .
1.2 Incorporate safe work practices into all workplace activities.
1.3 Follow safety directions of supervisors, managers and workplace safety warning signs.
1.4 Use personal protective equipment and clothing.
1.5 Promptly report unsafe work practices, issues and breaches of health , safety and security procedures .
1.6 Identify and remove hazards from immediate workplace area and report all workplace hazards as they arise.
2. Follow procedures for emergency situations.
2.1 Recognise emergency and potential emergency situations .
2.2 Follow organisational security and emergency procedures .
2.3 Seek assistance from colleagues or authorities.
2.4 Complete emergency incident reports accurately, following organisational procedures.
3. Participate in organisational work health and safety practices.
3.1 Participate in work health and safety management practices developed by the organisation to ensure a safe workplace.
3.2 Actively participate in the work health and safety consultation processes .
3.3 Report work health and safety issues and concerns as they arise.
Required Skills and Knowledge
This section describes the skills and knowledge required for this unit.
- participate in consultation processes
- report and explain hazards
- read and interpret workplace safety signs, procedures and emergency evacuation plans
- complete basic template reports about hazards and emergency incidents
- problem-solving skills to:
- identify and report hazards
- identify security and emergency issues.
- basic aspects of the relevant state or territory OHS or WHS legislation. This would include:
- actions that must be adhered to by businesses
- employer responsibilities
- employee responsibilities to participate in work health and safety practices
- employee responsibility to ensure safety of self, other workers and other people in the workplace
- ramifications of failure to observe OHS or WHS legislation and organisational policies and procedures
- for the specific industry sector and organisation:
- workplace hazards and associated health, safety and security risks
- contents of health, safety and security procedures
- format and use of template reports for hazards and emergency incidents
- safe work practices for individual job roles.