Identify the target market segment and provide appropriate justifications to its
selection. Your selected target market segment can be based on a combination of:
demographic (e.g. gender, income, education), geographic (e.g. region, city size,
climate), psychographic (e.g. lifestyles, personality attributes) or behavioural
(e.g. price sensitivity, end use, occasion, benefit expectations) variables.
● Analyse the target market segment conditions (e.g. demand and potential,
consumer/business buying habits).
● Describe and analyse the key competitors (preferably 2 most significant ones).
● Compare and contrast the product or service with the key competitors’ product or
service (e.g. features, packaging, pricing, promotional and advertising methods).
● Target market entry strategy – this section is to identify the appropriate market entry
strategy for the target market. Adequate justifications to the market entry strategy are
● Recommendations – this section should provide recommendations on appropriate
international marketing mix strategies (i.e. the 4Ps strategies) for the selected target
market. Justifications on the recommendations are required. The following issues should
● Discuss the international product strategy (e.g. product standardisation, product
adaptation, product branding) and provide appropriate justifications for your
● Discuss the international pricing strategy (e.g. market skimming, market pricing,
penetration pricing) and provide appropriate justifications for your recommendation.
● Discuss the international promotional/communication strategy (e.g. advertising, sales
promotions, direct marketing) and provide appropriate justifications for your
● Discuss the international logistics and distribution strategy (e.g. distribution system,
channel and relationships, integrated, independent logistics, transportation,
warehousing) and provide appropriate justifications for your recommendation.