1. You should submit network drawings showing
a. the topology of the network
b. the topology of the VPN setup
They should include the hardware (and be labeled as such) but only generally – no brand names or models, just “switch”, “firewall”, “router”, “server” and so on; any cabling differences should be noted as well.
2. You should include a paper that contains the following:
a. List any recommended cable and where it will be used
b. List the type of connection you will utilize to ensure 32 Mbps connection between sites (do not just give a medium, like fiber or copper, or just a protocol)
c. Recommend wiring closets wherever needed
d. Recommend any WAN or wireless technologies; mention and explain what topologies you used and why
e. How you will set up the servers (both physical and logical should be explained) to have
f. What logical protections you recommend
i. What measures you will take to protect against attack
ii. What measures you will take to prevent attacks
iii. What measures you will take to be notified that you are being attacked
g. Recommend and describe logical (i.e. network) traps to stop attackers
h. Any physical security measures you deem appropriate
i. What they are
ii. Where they are
i. How the remote users will connect
j. How will security measures be verified?
k. Justify your recommendations
Grading Criteria and Notes
1. APA or MLA styleformatting is acceptable.
2. Network diagrams must be your original work or they will not be accepted
3. Network Diagrams must show all network devices (workstations, since there are a large number, can be grouped so that 1 icon can represent 10 or 100 or whatever number you want them to be); the VPN diagrams only need to show the nodes involved in the VPN setup, including the remote user.
4. Original written work is mandatory. Do not copypaste directly from websites, ads, or any other work that is not yours – unless it is cited as a quote - or it will not be accepted.
5. If you want to explain a common item – such as a particular topography (for example a Star topography) it is acceptable to use a graphic from another source, but it must be cited in the footnotes and works citedibliography page just as you would a quote from another source or information received from an outside source
6. While there is no set budget, it is advisable to use solutions that are in line with common business practices unless there is a reason to go above and beyond (i.e. fiber to every workstation would be VERY expensive) and the reason should be fully explained.
7. If a specific software is to be utilized, list all aspects as to how it is to be used.
8. Recommendations must be specific – i.e. you cannot just say “protections will be in placeutilized”; you have to explain what those protections are as well as their purpose
9. Each recommendation must be explained specifically and