MGT 527 Final Exam
1) A consultant is best described as
A. a person who
makes things happen within the organization
B. someone who
fixes what is wrong in an organization
C. a person who
has some influence but no direct power to make changes
D. the person who
owns the problem
2) According to Block, every consulting project,
regardless of size, must go through five phases. Why is that so important?
A. This text is
the supreme authority on consulting, so we should follow the advice given.
B. The client
would expect us to complete the five phases.
C. It is only by
completing each step in each phase that we can be assured of delivering
competent consulting advice.
D. Having a
methodology is essential for any project to succeed.
3) What is the purpose for an initial contact
with a client regarding a project?
A. To identify
who is the boss and where the work will be done
B. To kick off
the project and meet all stakeholders
C. To discuss
past performance by getting to know each other
D. To explore the
problem and to determine whether the consultant is the right person to work on
4) According to Block, the feedback and decision
to act phase of the five phases of consulting includes which of the following?
MGT 527 Final.
A. Setting up
ultimate goals and selecting the best action
B. Setting up
large amounts of data and selecting an alternative action
what feedback to offer and suggesting decisions
suggestions on the issues and how to decide to act
5) Journals, abstracts, scholarly books, and the
materials located in the Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC) are
examples of ______ sources.
6) What does author Salkind suggest as the
initial step in the process of writing a literature review?
7) What are the main functions of the operations
8) Providing the funding for all organizational
day-to-day operations is the responsibility of which functional area?
9) Why is the human resources department
affected by most business problems?
10) The marketing and sales department reacts to
a problem by
11) The presenting problem from the client and
the real problem are
12) The purpose of the discovery phase is to
13) What is the first step in the data-collection
14) One step to prepare for data-collection
meetings and to prepare for any resistance is to
15) Which statement is a good method of engaging
in new conversations and limiting the discussion of history?
16) Creating higher interaction among clients
during engagement is how to bring ________ into the implementation phase.
17) Which statement best describes a practical
way to structure a meeting?
18) What are the two conditions of
accountability that support high-commitment implementation strategies?
19) The steps to be followed when handling
20) The key to understanding the nature of
resistance is to realize that
21) The purpose of the feedback meeting is more
than just a presentation of data; it is also an opportunity to
22) What is the most useful guideline for giving
23) Which statement best describes one of the
goals in consulting?
24) __________ empowerment should be considered
during the implementation phase.
25) A consultant may choose engagement over
26) What benefits does the engagement strategy
offer that the installation strategy does not?
27) Creating learning helps bring value to the
client. What does this mean when building elements through the implementation
28) Why is the question more important than the
answer during the learning and change process?
29) The promise of consulting is to
30) Saying no to inappropriate projects,
avoiding no-win consulting situations, should happen
MGT 527 Final Exam