1. You and your group partner need to read the tenders in Week 1, and select ONE tender to be your case study.
2. A tender is a request for a company or individual to bid for. You can assume you already have replied to the tender and you have won the tender. So, you are going to be the one delivering the service or developing the product that the tender has asked for.
3. This subject is different from PPMP20007, PPMP20008 and PPMP20010.
4. It is different because its focus is on the “Process” you use to do the project. This is called the methodology.
5. During the lectures, you have been exposed to different approaches in managing a project. Prince 2, PMBOK are examples of methodologies and frameworks, which are the overarching basis to the approach you will take.
6. Of course with Prince 2 and PMBOK, there are no details to the approach. You have to define that.
7. Your task is to write an ESSAY illustrating and explaining a methodology for the project from one case study.
8. You will need to create this methodology … or better put describe the process you will use to deliver whatever the tender required of you to deliver. Your methodology must explain and justify itself within the context of the case study using the course and peer reviewed material. You are encouraged to review Kerzner Chapter 21 and chapter 5 of the PMI Implementing Organizational Project Management for an indication of the context and content of your methodology. You will be graded upon how complete your methodology is. The justifications that you provide and how well you argue that it reflects the requirements of the organisation in the case study that you select.
9. Your submission should be made using Microsoft Office documents and the essay submitted as a separate 2,000 word Microsoft WORD document. You should describe all of the required parts of your methodology in as complete manner as you deem appropriate. A range of sample methodologies will be identified for you to study during the course. If you wish to include examples of any parts you may do so in an appendix. You must not include pictures or diagrams in the body of the essay. You must provide an ILLUSTRATION OR DRAWING OF YOUR METHODOLOGY in the appendix of your essay.
Your essay should be a properly constructed academic essay. It should contain an effective introduction, body and conclusion. The introduction should introduce the essay and include your argument. The body should present the evidence you have collected to support your argument, and the conclusion should restate your argument, summarise the evidence and make a conclusion regarding your argument. The essay should contain a coherent, but necessarily restricted review of the academic literature on the project management topics in question. The literature review should be integrated into the essay, not a separate section. Do not include an executive summary or an abstract. A reference list formatted in the prescribed Harvard style is compulsory. Do not include a bibliography.