1. What are the typical levels of significance used in research?
2. The accepted level of risk of rejecting the null when it is true is called the _________ _________.
3. ____________ include the summarizing of data through tables and charts
4. Both variance and standard deviation measure the _________ _________ around the mean.
5. When looking at variation from the mean, we know how much variation is enough to prove or reject our hypotheses by looking at the ______________ ____________.
6. The _____ hypothesis represents the status quo.
7. The______ _______ challenges the _______ _______ and is what the researcher is trying to prove
8. In your own words explain what a p<.05 in a study would mean.
9. Sample demographics contained information such as:
10. What does the following statement mean: “Data mining does not infer causality”
11. What are the recommended steps in data mining?
12. List at least 5 Data Mining Techniques
13. _________ _________ includes the generation, aggregation, analysis, and visualization of data.
14. __________ is about asking questions and exploring large amounts of dta for patterns and relationships.
15. _____ ______ refers to the immense volumes of data available/acquired online and in the cloud.
16. Finding answers you did not know you were looking for is ____ ______.
17. _____ ______ is a statistical methodology that utilizes the relationship between two or more quantitative variables, so that one variable can be predicted from the others.
18. Data ____________ is defined as the process of determining the appropriate data type and source, as well as suitable data collection instruments
Data ____________ is defined as the process of determining the appropriate data type and source, as well as suitable data collection instruments.
______ and _______ are the two primary types of data.
21. What should be the deciding factor when selecting data?
22. Explain the concept of a representative sample:
23. How can a researcher avoid bias?
24. List three consequences deriving from improperly collected data
25. What is the process of data selection dependent on?