On completion of this unit you should be able to:
1. Understand environmental management concepts and language sufficiently to be able to communicate effectively with environmental management professionals.
2. Understand concepts of environmental management in an organisational context.
3. Assess impacts of adverse effects on health and environment within organisations.
4. Facilitate the control of OHSE risks to health or environment in organisations.
5. Develop strategies to communicate OHSE information and data.
6. Monitor and facilitate OHSE education and training.
7. Understand concepts of environmental management in a legislative context.
8. Analyse issues of OHSE that are of relevance to the student’s background or work experience.