What is the difference between a knowledge-based decision support system and a decision support system? Provide three examples on the application of knowledge-based decision support systems for supporting organisations (in less than 300 words).
How is Web analytics different from data analytics? Give three examples where Web analytics is very useful for supporting businesses (in less than 300 words).
Read the resource material available on the course website about WEKA (in Week 5 and Week 6). Download WEKA software and install it onto your computer (ensure the bundled Java Runtime Environment, i.e. jre is installed). After successful installation of the program, classify diabetes from the data diabetes.arff using J48 classifier (keep other parameters as default). The diabetes.arff file can be found on the course website. Write an analysis report based on the classification results. You need to include the results in your report.
1. To classify data in WEKA, use “Open file”, than select “Classify” ► “Classifier (Choose)” ► “trees” ►“J48”.
2. You need to develop a decision tree and explain the output as well as the important variables required for
generating the output.
Visit http://mktdemo.logianalytics.com/accelerate/rdPage.aspx?rdReport=Visualizations for performance dashboard (LogiXML, 2016). Review the options and views available to answer the following questions:
1. What sort of information is provided by the dashboard? What visual objects are used?
What quantitative or qualitative measures are being reported?
2. Discuss the performance of all total sales in different years by different sales representatives as
represented by the dashboard. What visual objects are useful for conducting the comparison?
3. Provide a critique of the dashboard design and ways in which the design could be improved. Search the
web for information on ‘Information Dashboard Design’ and construct your critique using 3 additional
references, apart from the prescribed textbook.