QNT 351 Final Exam
1) The main purpose of descriptive
statistics is to
2) The general process of gathering,
organizing, summarizing, analyzing, and interpreting data is called
3) The performance of personal and
business investments is measured as a percentage, return on investment. What
type of variable is return on investment?
type of variable is the number of robberies reported in your city?
5) What level of measurement is the
number of auto accidents reported in a given month?
6) The names of the positions in a
corporation, such as chief operating officer or controller, are examples of
what level of measurement?
7) Shoe sizes, such as 7B, 10D, and
12EEE, are examples of what level of measurement?
8) Monthly commissions of first-year insurance brokers are $1,270, $1,310,
$1,680, $1,380, $1,410, $1,570, $1,180, and $1,420. These figures are referred
9) A small sample of computer operators
shows monthly incomes of $1,950, $1,775, $2,060, $1,840, $1,795, $1,890,
$1,925, and $1,810. What are these ungrouped numbers called?
10) The sum of the deviations of each
data value from this measure of central location will always be 0
11) For any data set, which measures of
central location have only one value?
12) A sample of single persons
receiving social security payments revealed these monthly benefits: $826, $699,
$1,087, $880, $839, and $965. How many observations are below the median?
13) A dot
14) The test scores for a class of 147
students are computed. What is the location of the test score associated with
the third quartile?
15) The National Center for Health
Statistics reported that of every 883 deaths in recent years, 24 resulted from
an automobile accident, 182 from cancer, and 333 from heart disease. QNT 351
Final Exam. Using the relative frequency approach, what is the probability that
a particular death is due to an automobile accident?
16) If two events A and B are mutually
exclusive, what does the special rule of addition state?
17) A listing of all possible outcomes
of an experiment and their corresponding probability of occurrence is called a
18) The shape of any uniform
probability distribution is
19) The mean of any uniform probability
20) For the normal distribution, the
mean plus and minus 1.96 standard deviations will include about what percent of
21) For a standard normal distribution,
what is the probability that z is greater than 1.75?
22) A null hypothesis makes a claim
23) What is the level of significance?
24) Suppose we test the difference
between two proportions at the 0.05 level of significance. If the computed z is
-1.07, what is our decision? QNT/351 Final Exam
of the following conditions must be met to conduct a test for the difference in
two sample means?
of the following statements about the two sample sizes is NOT true? Assume the
population standard deviations are equal.
27) What is the chart called when the
paired data (the dependent and independent variables) are plotted?
28) What is the variable used to
predict the value of another called?
29) Twenty randomly selected statistics
students were given 15 multiple-choice questions and 15 open-ended questions,
all on the same material. The professor was interested in determining on which
type of questions the students scored higher. This experiment is an example of
measurements of weight of 100 units of a product manufactured by two parallel
processes have same mean but the standard of process A is 15 while that of B is
7. What can you conclude?