Week 5 Final Exam
1) __________ refers to the propensity for a product
to perform consistently over its useful life.
2) Like engineers, operations managers are very
concerned about product and process design. However, rather than focusing on
only the technical aspects of those activities, operations concentrates on the
__________ of these activities.
3) __________ refers to the efficiency with which a
product achieves its intended purpose.
4) Which type of power is derived from the possession
of special knowledge (or the assumption that a person has special knowledge)?
5) __________ is the process by which a leader
influences a group to move toward the attainment of super ordinate goals.
6) __________ goals are those goals that pertain to
achieving a higher end that benefits not just the individual, but the group.
7) __________ is concerned with monitoring process
capability and process stability.
8) Business cases, process mapping, voice of the
customer, change management, and problem/objective statements are used in the
______ Six Sigma process.
9) A firm’s understanding of the customers, their
needs, and their wants is referred to as:
10) The three aspects of Juran’s trilogy are:
11) The development and dissemination of the basic
seven tools of quality was the work of:
12) Feigenbaum’s primary contribution to quality
thinking in America was his assertion that:
13) The model of reactive customer-driven quality
14) Process design in services has traditionally
focused on the:
15) The view of the customer that asserts that he or
she is a valued asset to be managed is referred to as:
16) Your author indicates that although statistical
inspection is an important approach to improving quality, it is inherently:
17) Quality experts agree that quality can be assured
only during the:
18) The core of quality management variables contains:
19) Strategic planning has two important dimensions. These
20) Strategic planning implies planning for:
21) The ten determinants of service quality as
determined by Parasuraman, Zeithamel, and Berry include responsiveness, which
involves the willingness or readiness to provide service. This is demonstrated
by: MGT/420 Final
22) The three spheres of quality are:
23) _____________ approaches are required to achieve
the desired results because quality is not under the purview of any specific
24) Hoshin planning or policy deployment provides a
framework for achieving alignment through:
25) Which of the following is a description of the
“categorizing” stage of the internal environmental analysis process?
26) The means of generating lists of strengths and
weaknesses in the internal environmental analysis process is referred to as:
27) The internal environmental analysis process is a
four stage process that includes all of the following stages except:
28) A tool used by many firms to differentiate and
discriminate among suppliers is called:
29) A term used to characterize the relationship
between suppliers and customers when a high degree of linkages and
interdependencies exist is __________.
30) External validation measures of quality programs
such as the Baldrige criteria and ISO 9001:2000 are referred to as:
31) A system that aids customer and supplier
communication by linking together supplier and customer information systems is
referred to as:
32) External validation measures of quality programs
such as the Baldrige criteria and ISO 9001:2000 are referred to as: MGT 420
final exam answer.
33) Single sourcing:
34) Many companies perform lengthy inspections of
their suppliers that involve long-term visits and evaluations. There programs
are often called:
35) From a quality perspective, an interesting
variation of the value chain is the concept of the:
36) Which of the following is not one of the support
activities in the value chain?
37) Which Baldrige criterion requires the applicant to
outline what his or her firm is doing in the area of corporate citizenship?
38) The goals of QS 9000 is to:
39) How many winners of the MBNQA can there be each
40) Which Baldrige criteria is used to evaluate the
extent to which top management is personally involved in creating and
reinforcing goals, values, directions, and customer involvement?
41) Which Baldrige criterion focuses on how a firm
assesses the relative importance of product or service functions?
42) Which Baldrige criteria focuses on how the company
establishes strategic direction, and how it sets its tactical action plans to
implement the strategic plan.