Assignment 2 consists of two components, assuming both would be provided to the CEO/Head of your chosen organisation:
1) Practical component: submission of a working dashboard. Build the dashboard you proposed in Assignment 1 using one of the BI tools you’ve been taught in the course.
The dashboard must use at least one of the new types of visualisations (not just charts or graphs) and use data from more than one source.
2) Written component:
– Explain the challenges in developing the dashboard
– Identify the type of BI users the intended audience of the dashboard are
– Describe the specific data used, and explain why that particular data would be useful for the intended audience of the dashboard
– Given the above, provide recommendations on
– Why the organisation would benefit investing further in BIA
– What the organisation could do to make BIA implementation easier, including to manage the challenges of BIA
– Which dashboard or report the organisation should develop next
– Include screenshot(s) of your working dashboard
Choose one out of the four organisations below:
This is a group assignment to be done in pairs.
(External students may do the assignment individually)
The second assignment consists of two activities and relates to the organisation you have chosen for Assignment 1. If your partner had a different organisation in Assignment 1 then this is fine:
1) Practical activity (40% of mark): submission of a working dashboard. Create the design of a dashboard using one of the tools shown in the practicals (Microsoft PowerBI or Tableau). You should submit the dashboard by saving the dashboard as a file (*.pbix or *.twbx) and submit that file with your report (see below). Also include a screenshot in the report. Further you need to add a description of what it contains and how someone can interact with it. Make sure that you use at least one of the new types of visualisations (not just charts). Note that you should focus on externally available data and the data can be different to what you have mentioned in Assignment 1. Note that only one student submit the assignment if you work in a pair.
2) Written activity (50% of mark): explain the approach taken in deciding what to put into the dashboard to demonstrate your understanding of the business’s need and how often the data will need to be changed (there will always be more data available).
Outline the challenges in developing the dashboard. Provide advice on (a) how the organisation would benefit from more BIA and (b) specific recommendations on what the organisation could do to make implementation easier (eg: data quality, governance of classifications, etc) – refer to BIA lifecycle. For the written component, create a report in a similar format to the first assignment addressing the points above