MGT 420 Final Exam
1) If you select a physician
solely on the reputation of the physician, you are basing your decision of
which of the following dimensions of service quality?
2) Which of the following is
the most traditional definition of quality?
3) Like engineers, operations managers are very
concerned about product and process design. However, rather than focusing on
only the technical aspects of those activities, operations concentrates on the
__________ of these activities.
4) Which of the following is not an example of a
strategic content variable?
5) The role of marketing in
design has been to bring the voice of the __________ into the design process.
6) __________ is the process by which a leader
influences a group to move toward the attainment of superordinate goals.
7) __________ are teams that work to improve processes
and customer service.
8) All of the activities associated with developing a
product from concept development to final design and implementation is known
9) A firm’s understanding of
the customers, their needs, and their wants is referred to as:
10) __________ was widely accepted as the world’s
preeminent authority on quality management prior to his death on December 24,
1993 because of his influence on Japanese and American industry.
11) The major theoretical contribution of Kaoru
12) The development and dissemination of the basic
seven tools of quality was the work of:
13) One of the difficulties in
satisfying customer requirements is that in a dynamic environment, customer
14) The model of reactive
customer-driven quality shows:
15) With __________, all work
is inspected at each stage of the manufacturing process, and the workers
inspect their own work.
16) Your author indicates that
although statistical inspection is an important approach to improving quality,
it is inherently:
17) The differences between
desired levels of performance and actual levels of performance is referred to
18) The core of quality
management variables contains:
19) Which of the following is
not an example of a strategic content variable?
20) Strategic plan __________
answers the question of what is to be contained in the strategic plan
21) Strategic planning has two
important dimensions. These are:
22) _________ allows customers and customers to tie
their systems together to enhance planning, and purchasing, and coordination.
23) The three spheres of
24) The three spheres of
quality are quality planning and management, quality assurance, and:
25) Which of the following is a
description of the “categorizing” stage of the internal environmental analysis
26) The means of generating
lists of strengths and weaknesses in the internal environmental analysis
process is referred to as:
27) ___________ is the capital
that fuels outstanding quality results.
28) ______________ that are used in many companies rely
on external validation of quality programs.
29) __________ refers to narrowing down the list of
approved suppliers for a single component to just one supplier.
30) A term used to characterize the relationship
between suppliers and customers when a high degree of linkages and
interdependencies exist is __________. MGT 420 week 5 final
31) The auditing portion of a
supplier development program is referred to as a:
32) A system that aids customer and supplier
communication by linking together supplier and customer information systems is
referred to as:
33) Which of the following is
not one of the primary activities in the value chain?
34) From a quality perspective,
an interesting variation of the value chain is the concept of the:
35) Nonvalue chain activities
typically have costs but no effect on the customer and are referred to as the:
36) Many companies perform
lengthy inspections of their suppliers that involve long-term visits and
evaluations. There programs are often called:
37) The supplier development program developed by a
Chrysler/Ford/General Motors supplier requirement task force was called:
38) The goals of QS 9000 is to:
39) During the __________
portion of the QS 9000 written standards the supplier examines the steps
associated with contracting with its own suppliers.
40) Which Baldrige criteria
focuses on how the company establishes strategic direction, and how it sets its
tactical action plans to implement the strategic plan.
41) Which Baldrige criteria is used to evaluate the
extent to which top management is personally involved in creating and
reinforcing goals, values, directions, and customer involvement?
42) Which Baldrige criterion
focuses on how a firm assesses the relative importance of product or service
MGT 420 Week 5 Final Exam.