1. Detail the business case, since it is currently quite general. You agree but realise you will need to do research on the electronic products and the technologies you are dealing with.
2. You will plan the details of the project. You are allowed to choose its design (for instance you may have a highly outsourced team, or you may nominate some sub-projects, etc). Whatever plan you choose, you undertake to provide the lowest cost/shortest implementation possible. You are allowed to outsource but will also be supplied internal staff as required. You realise straight away this will require you to:
• Produce a WBS, OBS and tasks using MS Project (or equivalent);
• Design the tasks so that critical path duration is minimised;
• Determine the cost benefit;
• Determine and assign resources;
• Select your team, policies and team structure;
• A risk plan and register of risks;
• A communication plan
• A closing plan
• You will produce a project charter in a format that is suitable for presentation to the board. Your business case will be incorporated into the charter. Because this is to be presented to the board you decide to do this in no more than 20 PowerPoint slides rather than a traditional report.
• You will be sure that scope, project design, milestones, risk plans, risk registers and team design are all represented summarised from other steps detailed above.