1. Describe the links and pairs and calculate the mobility.
2. Draw a fully dimensioned drawing of the mechanism shown, making reasonable estimates of all dimensions necessary to define the location of all points A to G.
3. Estimate the mass of the door. You may assume that other mechanism components are massless.
4. Plot the locus of all points from “door closed” to “door open”.
5. Write vector equations relating the location of all points as a function of .
6. Use your equations derived in 5 to plot the x and y position of all points as a function of .
7. Write vector equations relating the velocity of all points as a function of for constant = 1 rad/s.
8. Show velocity vectors, to scale, for all points when the door is fully open, fully closed, = 0° and = -30°. Assume that = 1 rad/s and the door is opening in all cases.