This assignments consists of six tasks related to a single scenario. The tasks are intended to assess whether you have met the minimum acceptable level for each of the learning outcomes associated with this module
1. Critically evaluate an enterprises IT strategy to assess whether it meets the enterprises current needs and aspirations
2. Critically evaluate an enterprise’s technical information to assess equipment suitability
3. Critically evaluate wireless networks to assess their suitability to meet the needs of the enterprise
4. Capture and analyse network traffic to assess the performance of the network.
5. Evaluate strategies for data management, storage and disaster recovery
6. Critically evaluate own and other’s designs.
Research devices that may be suitable to be purchased as virtual desktop servers and make a recommendation. Clearly justify your choice, including the specification to be recommended and the number of such devices that will be required.
Use a software modelling tool such as Riverbed’s Modeler Academic Edition to determine how well a 802.11n wireless router will cope with the proposed loading to be placed upon it. It will be used predominantly for accessing web sites, applications and the cloud based data. It is not intended for the laptops to be virtualised. Make clear the limitations the application you used for attempting to model this scenario. You are recommended to model all the wireless devices a wireless router and the necessary infrastructure to give the hosts access to a server running the applications necessary for the model. Model the loading for 30 and 60 end devices clearly demonstrating the affect on the performance of the network.
Provide a detailed analysis of the Subnetting policy highlighting all the errors and weaknesses.