1. Choose five (5) different communication methods from the list below and identify an advantage and a disadvantage for each one.
Verbal Channels – Face-to face communication
Verbal Channels – Telephone and voice mail
Verbal Channels – Meetings
Verbal Channels – Videoconferencing
Verbal Channels – Special events for employees
Written Communication – Email memos
Written Communication – Internal publication
Written Communication – Blogs
2. Second, for the following four (4) scenarios, decide which method would be most effective and justify your answer. Draft a form of communication for each.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper that addresses the following scenarios:
• One of your employees is constantly late, leaving food and drinks at the work station, and you are forced to address the situation.
• You need to let all employees know about a company special event.
• You hear from a friend that a client is about to sign a contract with one of your present competitors.
• You have three bids on a piece of equipment and you need to get a management decision on purchasing.