Please see attached file for full requirments.
The Textbook is Anthropology by Haviland, 14th edition, Published by Cengage, ISBN 9781133941323
1. Choose 3 branches or subfields of anthropology. Define and describe each one and give examples of the type of work involved for each. What type of fieldwork is involved? For each of the 3 branches you choose, describe an example of a project or research question that an anthropologist would be interested in. How does each branch use a holistic approach? (Chapter 1)
2. Describe the evolutionary force of natural selection. Why is the statement “survival of the fittest” not entirely accurate? Explain the term reproductive success and its connection to natural selection. Give an example of natural selection in your answer. (Chapter 2)
3. Why is primate conservation important to anthropologists today? What types of primates are endangered and what human factors are causing this problem? How can primate extinction be prevented? Include discussion of globalization and ecotourism in your answer. (Chapter 3)
4. What are some of the techniques used to recover cultural and biological remains? Describe some challenges in excavation. What types of information can be gained from archaeological or paleoanthropological excavations? (Chapter 5)
5. Who were Ardi and Lucy? Why are they famous? Describe each one and explain what their remains tell us about bipedalism. How are these remains important in the study of human evolution? (Chapter 7)