This paper circulates around the core theme of 1. As a consumer you are exposed to hundreds and maybe even thousands of commercial messages every day. together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 79. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
447 Final Exam
1. As a consumer you are exposed to hundreds and
maybe even thousands of commercial messages every day. These messages may appear in the mass media,
as even sponsorships, telemarketing calls, or even as e-mails. The correct term for all these commercial
2. Which of the following is the best example of
a tangible good?
church service where music-ministry is the primary theme
oil from Italy
accountant`s tax preparation business
3. In commercials for Wal-Mart, satisfied
customers explain why they like to shop at the retail store. The people in these commercials describe how
Wal-Mart provides a one-stop shopping place for them and how they like saving
time as well as money by shopping at Wal-Mart.
In terms of the message dimensions, the Wal-Mart ad is an example of
4. The magazine Fancy Cats is designed to satisfy the needs of cat lovers who want
to learn how to better care for their cats.
Cat lovers are the magazine`s:
5. One of the most basic functions of _____is to
identify products and their source and to differentiate them from others.
6. In the late 1980s and early 1990s, a growing
affluence and sophistication of the consuming public characterized the
marketing world of this time period.
This trend was led by:
7. It is no longer enough in marketing and
advertising to just produce outstanding products and commercials. Marketers must use_____, which is a merging
of all their marketing communications with everything else they do.
8. For manufacturers, the best way to beat the
competition is to:
9. When the city of Pensacola, Florida,
advertises itself as "the perfectplace for the perfect Florida
vacation", it is using:
10. Revlon funds the Revlon/UCLA Women`s Cancer
Research Program. In addition, the
cosmetics company supports the National Women`s Cancer Research Alliance and
the National Breast Cancer Coalition.
Revlon is committing to helping women get healthy and stay that way and
11. In advertising business has evolved into four
distinct groups which are:
12. After almost twenty years of operation,
Fenton Hardware is going out of business because it can no longer compete with
the national chain do-it-yourself stores. What kind of advertising will its
owner most likely use to get rid of the last of the store`s inventory?
13. Assume the Ralph Lauren Home Collection sends
a ready-made advertisement to a regional magazine published in Alabama, and the
magazine publisher inserts the name, address, and phone number of a local
department store chain that carries the bed linens, glassware, and
dinnerware. Ralph Lauren pays 75 percent
of the cost of running the ad. The
department store pays the other 25 percent.
This is an example of:
14. Most advertisers break into international
15. When the advertising agency of Guinn &
Haskian purchased a large amount of television time for its customers`
commercials from WSM-TV, the agency received 15 percent of the gross amount
charged by the TV station. The 15
16. Niagara makes a non-starch spray for easy
ironing of soft knots and washable silks.
The ad says the non-starch spray is "for clothes that feel as good
as they look." Niagara is using
17. Home builders are using segmentation to
target people over 55 with homes that have wheelchair-friendly door widths,
lever door handles, roll-out shelves, raised toilets, and direct 911 wiring.
18. Sears places a great emphasis on researching
and then designing products for males between the ages of 25-50 who love to
work with their hands and enjoy home-oriented projects. Sears would classify these men as a :
19. Potato chips are in the ____of their product
life cycle. The market is saturated with
different products. To extend this
stage, Frito-Lay has introduced WOW!, a line of fat-free chips, plus a variety
of different flavored potato chips.
20. The manufacturer of French`s mustard is
considering marketing a ranch-flavored mustard.
Its first step in the research process would be to:
21. Jiffy Lube is interested in collecting
secondary information about peak days of patronage for those customers that
were primarily interested in an oil change and lube job only. Which of the
following sources would be the best avenue for the organization to follow?
22. If a marketing researcher is trying to get
hard numbers to make a difficult decision, which of the following types of
research would most likely produce the results that the researcher is looking
23. Leah Gomez has brought ten fashion innovators
together to discuss "the look" that will be "in" this
year. Gomez wants a freewheeling
discussion that will examine clothes, makeup, and combinations of jewelry and
clothing. Everyone will be able to share
experiences and, hopefully, true feelings.
Which of the following research techniques is Gomez using to conduct her
24. The written marketing plan must reflect the
goals of top management and:
25. There are a number of over-the-counter
dietary supplements on the market.
Ginkoba advertises itself to baby boomers as a memory aid. Before adopting this strategy, the
supplement`s manufacturer had to first examine the wants of the market and the
positions of its competitors and then decide on the competitive position it
wants to occupy.
26. An ad for DeBeers encourages readers to call
a toll-free number to receive a portfolio of award-winning diamond designs or
contact the company`s website at www.adiamondisforever.com. According to the advertising pyramid, the
purpose of this advertisement is:
27. _____is the process that directs the advertising
message to the right people at the right place at the right time.
28. Cardinal Hill makes redwood furniture for
gardens. The company uses classified
advertising to encourage potential customers to request its latest catalog. When these requests are received, the
catalogs are sent and the prospects` names are entered into the company`s
database for possible sale of garden furniture.
Cardinal Hill is using:
29. AT&T monitors an Web sites in which it is
mentioned. Some of these Web sites do
contain communications that are malicious, and some of their information is
wrong. When such a site is discovered,
AT&T has its_____personnel respond to set the record straight without using
legal jargon or highly technical communication.
30. Who is responsible for writing the words in
an ad for new campaign for Purina Fit & Trim dog food?
31. As a graphic designer, Nicole has been asked
to create a series of posters, which will be sued to promote American Red Cross
blood drives. The posters will support
an ad campaign. The posters that Nicole
is responsible for creating are correctly called:
32. Why is radio the least expensive electronic
medium on which to produce an ad?
33. The reach of magazines:
447 Final Exam