This paper circulates around the core theme of 1. Applying the readings from Week 7, what Project Management principles, if any, were violated in this case: together with its essential aspects. It has been reviewed and purchased by the majority of students thus, this paper is rated 4.8 out of 5 points by the students. In addition to this, the price of this paper commences from £ 108. To get this paper written from the scratch, order this assignment now. 100% confidential, 100% plagiarism-free.
1. Applying the readings from Week 7, what Project Management principles, if any, were violated in this case:
o By Project manager Gary Allison,
o By Henry Larsen, Director of engineering
o By Elliott Gray, head of Project Management Department
o By Paula Arnold, project engineer?
2. What structural and cultural characteristics of SEC allowed each of these individuals to behave as they did? Be specific in defining the behavior you feel was a violation or failure, and the organizational characteristic(s ) that supported that behavior.
o How does the body of Project Management knowledge address the effects of organizational structure and culture on successful project management?
o What principles can a Project Manager rely upon to positively influence these organizational characteristics?
3. What guidance do project management principles give for creating effective communication, and what do you think Gary would have done differently if he had been well versed in those principles?
4. Henry Larsen gives Gary three requirements for good project management. How do those compare with the project management body of knowledge? Should Gary have been given different advice?
• If so, what would have been better advice?
• If this was good advice, how did Gary fall short on those three criteria?
5. How many departments were involved in this project, and what guidance do project management principles give for coordinating functional departments?
o Citing relevant principles, explain what Gary could have done differently to avoid Larsen’s perception that Gary had failed as a project manager.
6. Finally, Did Gary fail? If SEC was awarded a sole source contract for production of the new material, why was his project perceived as failure?
• Do you agree or